Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Change In The Weather

Well, I cooked for the new man. Annnd...he loved it! Whew! That's such a relief because the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach! Then again, when I picked pizza and sour gummy worms I shouldn't have been surprised that he liked it. Any man would. What's that you say? NO! No, I don't think that meal doesn't count as me cooking for him! Of course it counts! I had to put it in the oven! I had to set the timer! What about that isn't cooking!?

Two days later I was at his place and he cooked me supper. The man can cook! He has himself a fancy spice rack and everything. In my defense, I did ask if I could help make it and he said I could. But then I got off work late, had to run some errands, tan, shower, get dressed, do my hair, doll up my face, and then make the 40 minute drive to his side of the city. He had supper all but cooked by the time I got there.

"Jeez babe, when you said you'd be here around 5, I thought maybe you'd be here at 5:30. But 7? That's a record."

I think I've been late every time we've set a time to meet somewhere. Which is very unlike me and I feel bad! I keep telling him I'm not like this, but I'm thinking he's not going to believe me much longer. Can't say I blame him. But which of those tasks that made me late was I going to skip? None. I was going to skip none of them. 

Then, despite me being 24 and him being 28 we decided to do something CRAZY! Hold onto your seats boys and girls because we played the game LIFE. I warned him I had mad skill at that game. He told me you "can't have skill on a game based off chance". Boy was he wrong because I kicked his ass. Then I discovered he had never seen the movie Baby Mama. Half the random crap I spit out comes from ridiculously bad/funny movies such as that. So we had to watch it. He loved it, or pretended to at least. 

Nick, Lilly, and I have this bad habit of automatically getting into either A) Asian accents , B)redneck accents, or C) Indian accents whenever the three of us are together. We've done it since we've all moved in together. And by now it's just habit. We don't even realize we do it. So Man told me this joke:

An Italian, and Irishman and a Chinese fellow are hired at a construction site. The foreman points out a huge pile of sand and says to the Italian guy. "You're in charge of sweeping," to the Irishman, "You're in charge of shoveling," and to the Chinese guy, "And you're in charge of supplies."
"Now, I have to leave for a little while. I expect you guys to make a dent in that pile." So the foreman goes away for a couple hours, and when he returns, the pile of sand is untouched. He says to the Italian, "Why didn't you sweep any of it?"
The Italian replies, "I didn't have a broom. You said the Chinese guy was in charge of supplies, but he disappeared and I couldn't find him." So then the foreman turns to the Irishman and asks why he didn't shovel. The Irishman replies, "I couldn't get myself a shovel. You left the Chinese guy in charge of supplies, but I couldn't find him."
The foreman is really pissed off now, and storms off toward the pile of sand looking for the Chinese guy. Just then, the Chinese guy springs out from behind the pile of sand and yells 'SUPPLIES!"

I think I died. I was crying.  And,  no, I'm not racist, I just thought it was funny. So don't take offense to it, I wasn't meaning it to be rude. And besides, people make fun of my "accent" all the time. Even though I don't have one and people from Tennessee do.


This weekend is St. Patrick's day. I had plans to roadtrip to Chicago with some girlfriends but I had to cancel. I figured I should use my money in more productive ways, such as paying off my student loans and not blow it on trips, even though I would have LOVED to go. So instead I'll be here. Home alone. Nick is going to Chicago and Lilly is going to her family's house in North Carolina. I will be eating green eggs and ham for breakfast, going to Erin and watching the parade, then doing who knows what. Man is in charge of the planning. I do know that around 4 we will be meeting up with Sarah and her man and going downtown.   And since I live the closest to downtown we will be taking a cab back to my place that night and all four of us will be crashing here. So my sentence about being home alone was pretty much a lie. My bad. Forgive me?





No comments:

Post a Comment