Sunday, January 15, 2012

Budgeting.

I used to be so good at sticking to a budget. I had three bank accounts: one for bills, one for saving money (on top of my savings account), and then one for stuff for me. But now, all my bank accounts are empty except one and I use it for everything. And I'll be honest, I'll buy things I want and don't neccessarily need before I'll pay on my student loans. It's pretty bad. But I've sat down, and written out my new budget and hope to get back into the swing of things.

I think I'm going to start applying for a new job though. I need to buckle down and get serious. I need to figure stuff out. Like, do I really want to go back to school? Do I really want to go and get my RN? Or should I go to graduate school and get my masters in psychology? Can I find a  job in psychology with my bachelors and work my way up? These are all questions that I don't know the answer to, and have been stressing me out. I feel like I'm too old to be having these thoughts. I think I'd love being a nurse, but it's SO MUCH liability. I don't want to have to have a poor work schedule. I'm scared someday I'll be a nurse, have children, and then miss their first Christmas or something because I'd have to work. Are these legitimate concerns? Or what if I get my masters in psychology and then still can't find a job? I guess I don't understand why it's hard for me to find a job with the education I have.

Jacob was here earlier this week. It was nice having him here when I got home from work. Always put a smile on my face. Plus he fixed things around my room for me. He also fixed my computer! Here I thought it was being a P.O.S, when really I don't know what he did but it was acting amazing. Then he left and now my computer is messed up again. Literally two hours after he left. I told him that and he asked how I "fucked it up already". I had no answer for him. He just laughed and said he'd fix it again for me next time he sees me. He wasn't here too long, just two days. I worked both of those days as well, so really we only had two evenings together. One evening we just hung out me and him, watched movies all night and I attempted to make him supper. ATTEMPTED. After that embarrassment and a burnt smell throughout the apartment we went for chinese. The next night we met up with his best friend and spent a night on the town. He has the best friends! He really does. I think they talk to me just about as much as Jacob does.


I worked all weekend, so nothing too exciting about this weekend. I did learn however that my friend got a promotion at work! So we went out to supper to celebrate. Other than that my weekend consisted of...work. Exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment