Sunday, January 1, 2012

"EVERYBODY celebrates my birthday!!"

Just got home and unpacked for my trip up to Jacob's for his birthday/New Years Eve. And let me tell you what, it is windy as all hell outside. I was talking to my mom before I left his house to come back home and she told me it was really windy in Iowa too. So that means it must be windy everywhere. It was kinda scary how windy it was! I got a radar detector for Christmas, because apparently my mother thinks I've turned into a lead foot, and I didn't even get a chance to use it because it was so windy I was going under the speed limit!

New Year's Eve/Jacob's birthday was a lot of fun! My friend who is dating Jacob's best friend wasn't going to be there this weekend so it was just me and all his friends. I was a little sad because it would have been nice to have another girl around because when these guys get together they always get so rowdy, or try to start bar fights, but are always fun nonetheless. Anyways, so I left straight after work at 3:30 and got to his house around 7 PM. Then we met up with all of his friends in a town a few miles away to watch an ice hockey game (i know, weird right?! They like ice hockey too!).  We arrived to the game pretty late, and by that I mean we got there in time to watch them lose in overtime. Then the six of us went out to grab a bite to eat before we went out to the bars. At the bars we met up with many more of his friends and had a good time. Jacob danced of course, only this time he did not convince him to join me. Instead I sat up at the bar with a few of his friends and had a good time. Then another "what a small world!" moments happened. One of his friends, who I hadn't met prior to last night, came up to me and said



"So, Jake is always talking about you, so I was looking you up on facebook. It came up and said we had about 12 mutual friends. Most of them were Jake and his gang, but then two other names caught my eye. How do you know Corey and Alex?"

So I explain to him that I'm cousins with Corey, and that Alex and I have been friends for literally forever. Turns out he was originally from Iowa as well and went to Iraq with the both of them. See what I mean? Small world!

Then another one of his friends, who I had met before, were talking about jobs. And I didn't know this until last night, but he works with teenage criminals like I used to. We were talking about the different Mandt restraints we've had to use and the little stunts those kids pull and how we both have gotten beat up at work. The difference was that he still liked his job and I hated that job and quit. His friends are awesome and I love them all and before we left the bar they were already asking when they can all come visit me or the next time I'll be in town. Haha, they are so sweet.

The bars here are open til 3 instead of 2 like in Iowa. But I could not last til 3. Around...130 I was extremely tired. In my defense I'm used to going to bed around 10 because I have to work so early. Jacob on the other hand works night shift, so he's in his prime around that time. But being the perfect gentleman that he always is we left and went to bed. I fell asleep probably 5 seconds after I laid down. Jacob laid in bed awake until our alarm went off at 9. Why'd we have the alarm set?

And finally the big news. I thought this wouldn't happen because I've been putting it off. But I finally did it. I met the parents. Not gonna lie, I was so nervous because his friends are always telling me horror stories about them. But we met them at their house (which is HUGE and brick and beautiful...) and then went out to breakfast. Jacob and his dad ordered the exact same meal. You know how breakfast meals always have a million questions like : bacon or sausage? how do you want your eggs? want cheese on those? breakfast potatoes or hashbrowns? white, wheat, or rye toast? blah blah blah. Well, Jacob and his dad ordered the exact same meal. Down to the drink. It was pretty funny. We talked about our complete horror of roller coasters but how we both ride them anyways. We talked about how his mom and I were complete neat freaks. We talked about how his dad has two whole bedrooms in their house dedicated to his rock collection (which was actually really neat). 

No complaints from this girl about this weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment