Friday, August 31, 2012

Hearts, Stars, Horseshoes, Diamonds, & Blue Moons

I don't know what happened since I wrote that life stressors blog...but my luck sure has turned around.
Such as... I only have 10 more days working that job I hate. And nooo, not because I'm getting fired! Because  I got a new job, folks! A desk one! A 9-5, no weekends one! (And by 9-5 I mean 6:45-2:45). One with better pay! No weekends! No  helping people! I take part of that back, I mean, yeahhh, I'll be helping people but not like helping helping people. Ya follow?  This job is 6 miles away and not a mini journey to the neighboring town 18 miles away. So not only am I getting higher pay but I'll also have to use less gas! Say whaaat! Plus, my new boss specifically told me I'd need to be a "smartass". Direct quote. Yeah, um, hi...that's me.

Or how about this one...I gots myself a new apartment! That's right, I am not homeless. I repeat, I am not homeless. So I guess this city is stuck with me for another year. I'll have my very own master suite! My own huge bedroom. My own huge walk in closet. My own bathroom!

I feel like a gigantic weight has been lifted off of my shoulder! Ahh, I can breathe! I feel like it's almost going to be a brand new life. I owe my grandparents, and my parents, for that. They all lent me money. But hopefully with this new job and new apartment I can get my budget all reworked out. Maybe pick up another part time job? One without weekends, since I finally got a job where I don't have to work them! I don't know what kinda place would let me do that, but I feel like with a much more consistent work schedule, I could handle picking up a few extra hours somewhere. Who knows, let's not get ahead of ourselves quite yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment