Friday, August 31, 2012

Just Call Me Miss Decorator

 QUICK! 
Y'all just found out I was moving soon, so question is... what was the first thing that came to my mind!  
Ding Ding Ding! 
That's right! How to decorate it!

I don't know what I'd do without pinterest right now! So many good and cheap decorating ideas! I can't wait to get started!! I'm not sure how long this blog post is going to be. So I'm just going to write down and share with you everything I have thought of for decorating my new three spaces: bedroom, walk in closet, and bathroom. Keep in mind, I realize these ideas are not all realistic. Let's just pretend I have an unlimited budget, alright? Hey a girl can dream. If it gets to be too long, I'll have multiple posts for different spaces. Just a fair warning.

BEDROOM

As much as I'd love to steal Nathan's bed, he kinda needs it. But, ohhh man! His bed, ahhh, heaven! The pillows, so thick and soft. His mattress, so comfortable. The perfect combination of soft enough to mold to your body but firm enough that if I'm moving Nathan can't feel it. (Unless he's cuddling me, awww)  His soft, soft sheets. His heavy down comforter which is exactly that, comforting. I told him I'd marry him right now if we could keep his bed forever. I'm in looove. So just because of Nathan add the following to my shopping list:
  • A down comforter
  • Higher thread count sheets
  • Fluffy pillows
 There's so much I love about this bedroom. I'll start with the color palette. I love these muted, inviting colors. They don't match, but they flow so well together. I love the white dresser, and how it has that old-country house feel to it that the colors have. I love how the curtain takes up the whole length of the wall rather than just the length of the window. I love how the curtain is draped over one side. I love the giant "headboard". I love the molding around the window. And the pop of brighter color from the flowers. I love the rug. I want this bedroom. However, this is more of a "house" bedroom, not an "apartment"  bedroom.  Nathan did say that we should work on saving our money and sticking to our budget so that when my lease was up we could buy a starter house! Maybe I could convince him that this needs to be our bedroom?

As much as I love the yellow and grey bedroom I have right now, my bed set feels a little young, and cheap. Probably because it is. I'd looove to invest in one of those down comforters Nate has. (Don't any of you say I'm hard to shop for when Christmas come around this year!) Then when I get urges to redo my room all I have to do is replace the cover. And just wash the cover, because damn are comforters a pain and half to wash! I am absolutely in love with this bed set in this picture. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the off blue color though. I'd probably go with a pale yellow or  even a peachy color.

I want to paint the bed frame that I have white. That's one of Nate and I's weekend projects. To paint my bedroom back to white before I have to move, and to also paint my bedframe white. I have this headboard  with shelves and such on it and I hate it. Hate, hate, hate it. It's ugly. I wish I had a bed frame that was just a frame. Then I'd use bedside tables. It is so much more appealing on the eyes.

Aren't these just gorgeous bedframes? Ahhh. I want them both!

I seriously cannot wait until I have my own place, so I have a real reason to invest in nice stuff.

Ok, new job, let's work on this budget so my dream home is even closer!

PS I like how I started this post with the idea of decorating my new apartment and I ended up talking about my bedroom in my dream house.

No comments:

Post a Comment