Monday, March 5, 2012

Out Of The Comfort Zone!


UPDATE: "Guy" who I eventually revealed to be named Jacob and I are no longer whatevering/seeing each other/dating. It was nothing he did and it was nothing I did, and he's a great guy who will find and make some girl really happy someday. However, I am not that girl, and he is not that guy for me.  In the months I was seeing him though I learned that not every guy is a jerk or a cheater or just plain mean. So I'll be grateful to him for reminding me of that. Recently I have been dating a new Guy, whos name I will also not reveal until, and IF, it becomes a little more serious.

********************

Guy told me I don't know how to relax. Which is probably true, because even on my days off I have a tendency to still get up early and pound out a bunch of things on my to do list before noon rolls around. So he told me to pack a bag and stay at his house for my weekend off. He lives here in town, but way on the opposite side of town, a good 40 minute drive away. So I packed a backpack and headed off to his side of town. Since I met him through mutual friends and he wasn't getting off work until late I met up with one of those mutual friends at a little bar. This bar is awesome! It's not a normal bar. It's bright and has games everywhere. Like Jenga with 2x4s, foosball tables, and shuffleboard. So Sarah and I played some games until Guy and her boyfriend got there. Natually, like any girls we took bathroom pictures.


Once the guys got there the four of us all hung out together. Only it was more like me and sarah hanging out and the guys hanging out. Then I met a guy from Fairfield Iowa! Seriously, who knew there were so many around here! He was in the grade ahead of me. I didn't know him but we had a lot of mutual friends. We stayed until the bars closed, then we went back to Guy's house and Sarah and her man went to his place.

The next morning I woke up early, like 8:30.
"Hey, wake up!" -Me
"Joella, no. Go back to sleep. You're learning how to relax" -Guy
"Can we do something productive today? Just one thing?" -Me
"Sure, in a few hours" *pushes me back down* "Now go back to sleep" -Guy

Well, he got his way because we weren't productive all day. And he got me addicted to Blood Marys. Next he said I needed to learn how to try new things and not eat the same things over and over. So he ordered everything from every restaurant this weekend. And he's right! I tried things I NEVER would have ordered on my own. Like fried brussel sprouts, shrimp tacos, buffalo flavored hamburgers, taco waffle fries, etc. 

That night the four of us went to fights. That's another thing I never would have done. It was meh but it was fun because I knew he was having a good time. I'll probably only go to the next one if he wants me to, not because I want to.

Then after that we went to the bar, watched some karoke, then went home and went to bed.

Sunday was pretty much the same time. But substitute going to the move Safe House for going to fights. 

I also got him to watch The Voice. It took some convincing, but he did. And when it was over he said he'd watch it every week with me. I told him to pick a team, but obviously I had dibs on Blake. He picked team CeeLo. So he better not win!

Somehow he convinced me to cook him supper Thursday. Oh God. I don't know what I'm getting myself into. This could be scary!



No comments:

Post a Comment