Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Summertime Barbie.

Fake tan. It's ok, go ahead and make some Snooki jokes, I don't care.  I keep getting compliments on my "glow" from a spray can. But let me tell you something, just in case anybody else wants to join me in this tan revolution, some are better than others.

First of all, the lotions. The gradual building ones or the wait three hours and you are nice and bronze ones. I hate them. It is WAY too easy to get a streaky look. Or in between my fingers become ten times darker than the rest of me, even when I remember to wash my hands afterwards. I just don't like them. I always use the spray tans. Plus, even now when I can't ask my ex to spray my back, I learned it IS possible for me to reach back there and not have an awkward white spot in the middle.

I'm going to tell you about two spray tan brands I've already used a lot towards the end of "winter".

Banana Boat Summer Color
The only good things about this spray tan are:  
  •  The nice citrusy smell when it is drying
  • Price

The bad things about this spray tan are:
  • One can only lasts 3 tans, if you're lucky
  • The wide bottle is hard to hold onto when you are damp from a shower  (that may be my freakishly small hands)
  • Dropping the can constantly makes me streaky. Everywhere. Not cute.
  • Takes FOREVER to dry (ok, only about 5-10 minutes, but I never claimed to be patient)
  • The color makes me look "orange" not "bronze"
  • The color only lasts about two days before you have to redo your tan
  • If you don't redo your  tan, it starts coming off in a way that I look freckled...and it's completely noticable...and embarassing. People WILL ask what kind of rash you have all over your body.









L'oreal Paris Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Salon Airbrush

The bad things about this spray tan:
  • The smell is not pleasant, and perfumes/lotions/sprays won't cover it up
  • That's about it


The good things about this spray tan:
  • One can will last 3 tans, sometimes 3 1/2
  • The bottle is thin so it's easy to hold onto while spraying yourself
  • Easy to get an even, streak-free tan
  • You spray and it seems like 30 seconds later you are dry
  • Nobody knows it's a fake tan because it looks so natural
  • I only have to "tan" about two times a week
  • Fades naturally, getting lighter and lighter and not noticeably "flakey"
I love this brand, and if we were at the store together shopping for tans, I'd probably convince you to only be loyal to this kind. Seriously, I get compliments all the time from people, and when I tell them where I got it from (not outdoors, not a tanning bed, but from me at home with a spray bottle and the jams on) they look at me like I'm downright lying to them.

So ladies, go out there and buy one bottle. Take your time spraying yourself so you don't miss anywhere, and you will probably get some fancy compliments. You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Probably can't find this in Fairfield, you know all we have is WalMart. I'll have to look and if I can't find it, you'll have to mail me some. Lol

    ReplyDelete