Monday, July 30, 2012

Sunday Sundaes

Sunday is traditionally Nathan and I's date day. We don't see each other much, because I work 1st shift (correction: DID work first shift. I just quit the nursing home to take on my new job full-time) and he works 2nd shift. So when I'm getting off work he's just going in. By the time he comes home from work I'm already asleep. When I leave for work, he's still asleep. And the cycle continues until the weekends. Then I still work every other one and he stays out late, and typically stays at his place those weekends. So we may spend almost every night together, this is true, but as for actually seeing him? Well that happens not very often at all. Our solution? Sunday date days.

This Sunday Nathan paid for me to take a pretty expensive nap. I'd say it was about the price of a movie ticket. If I had to guess, I'd guess it was the same price as a ticket to The Dark Knight Rises. I went because I knew he wanted to go. I personally hate superhero movies. Not to mention I'd never even seen the first two so I knew this movie would mean nothing to me. I tried to stay awake so we could dish about it later, but I couldn't. My eyes. They kept getting heavier and heavier. Next thing I knew he was waking me up. I lasted probably...oh...an hour of the three hour long movie.

Then we went home and cooked supper. Well, HE cooked us supper. Me cook? Ha, good one. Remember me telling you how Nathan was forcing to me not be such a picky eater? Well, he did SO good yesterday! I never would have ate any of this if he didn't force me to. We started with a salad. Spinch salad. With peaches and tomatos, red wine vinaigrette, and finished with black pepper. Sound gross? Well it shouldn't because after eating it last night and now thinking about it again right now my mouth is watering. Mmmm.

Then for our main course he whipped up whole wheat pasta with grilled chicken, seared in lemon juice and olive oil and cooked with green peppers and tomatos.  Yuuuum.

Then for dessert we had vanilla ice cream with  peaches he baked on the stove top and smothered in cinnamon. Actually, I just had plain ol' vanilla. But I tried his and it was delicious. I just really like my plain jane vanilla.

Another reason why I'll never let Nathan go: This man can cook! Hot damn!

Then we ate our three courses sitting in front of the TV watching the Olympics and drinking our beers. Rascal's Wild Red Raspberry flavored beer for me. Something Something IPA. AKA Something a little more manly for him. I thought his was disgusting. He thought mine was too fruity.

I'm going to pull a  "Family Guy" and go off in a completely different tangent for a few minutes. A few weekends ago, Nate and a few of his friends and I went to a beer tasting festival. You pay like 20 bucks, go in, get your own tasting cup, and go around to a bunch of different tables set up by local breweries to get unlimited tastes of their beer. They had over 400 kinds to try. That's where I discovered the beauty of Raspberry and Blueberry flavored beers. That's where I discovered I like blonde ales but hate IPAs. I also learned that the brand "Chick Beer" is aaaamazing. Here's our group, stopping for a few pictures in between tastes.

The Girls

The Guys (Yeah...Long Story About Nate and His Friends' Matching Shirts)
Ok, back to the original story. So, I couldn't stay awake for that damn movie. I really did feel bad! I mean, the man watches "Pretty Little Liars" with me every time we are awake together. He doesn't complain. He doesn't fall asleep. He even says "Hey tootsie, let's cuddle in bed, watch the next episode, then go to sleep." Aw, is he perfect or what? I've already seen every episode of this series, I'm just watching it again because I want to figure it out, dagnabbit!!

So the beginning of last week I put in my two weeks notice at the nursing home so I could go full time to my other job. So what did the Nursing home do? Stopped scheduling me...a week early. Awesome. Because my other job doesn't have full time hours, or any hours for that matter for me for another week. So expect an overload of blogs. Because I'll have a lot of free time. I'm not excited. I'm going to call my new job tomorrow and pretty much beg for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment