Monday, August 29, 2011

Moving.

Like the title says Nick, Lilly, and I are finally starting to move into our new apartment. I'm finally getting to sleep in a bed, which feels wonderful since I've been sleeping on a couch for two months. I got my room all painted, and unfortunately it's not checker boarded. It's horizontally striped though! It's yellow and grey. AKA- super cute! We haven't had internet for a while, so that's why I haven't been writing as much. I fully do intend on getting this back up. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get my life back in gear a little before I can start making this a regular thing again. Half of my life is still all the way in my hometown, and who knows when I'll get around to getting that!

Let's see....since I last wrote I also went to a Smokies game with Nathalie and Cody. I'm not a huge baseball fan, and I think Cody may have been becoming a little annoyed with us because we just sat there and talked the whole time. I have to give him credit though, he did try to talk to us girls. But he only wanted to talk about the game we were supposed to be watching. So naturally the conversations he tried to join in on were followed by awkward silences. His tickets were free though because his job is awesome and gives him cool presents, like 3 free Smokies tickets. I think we all left and had a good time though!

Today's Question: What was your favorite toy as a child . . .and now?

When I was a child growing up my favorite toy, or I should say toys, were my Barbies. I had a million of them. I'm not kidding when I say I had a million barbies. Julyn and I would always put our Barbies together, and we had four boxes full of them. And we had a whole box full of clothes for them. That's five boxes of just barbie stuff. Not to mention the horse that really waked, the pink convertible, and the blue jeep. We played with them all the time. Our Barbies went "swimming" in our bathroom sink. They got their hair washed with our shampoo. And when we didn't have enough men, we cut off Barbies hair and used them as a guy. I don't think Mom really appreciated us cutting our dolls' hair off though. I loved my Barbies. I know, I know, I'm such a girl!

Today I think my favorite toy would be my iPod or my phone. I'm always listening to music. When I sleep at night I even have a nifty iPod player that changes colors as it sings me to sleep. If that isn't love, I don't know what is. It also gets drug into the bathroom when I shower. My iPod gets played in my car whenever I drive anywhere. It's probably some of the best money I've ever spent. But I also am in love with my phone. It keeps me connected to the people that I love. It lets me play games when I'm bored. It's blocks phone calls from people I don't want to talk to so that it automatically hangs up on them (super helpful because that stupid college keeps calling me!) When I can't sleep it lets me play solitaire until I fall asleep. It connects me to facebook and my email and Words With Friends. It keeps track of my work schedule and wakes me up in the morning. By the way, the smart alarm function...awesome. Its my life in electronic form.

Anyways, that's all I have for today! :)







1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new place! I will definitely have to come visit soon :)
    Glad to hear you went to a ball game - I know you're more of a hockey fan so good to see you enjoying baseball! And I'm sure Cody still loved you. Duh.
    As for my fave childhood toy... my American Girl dolls. And their many, many accessories - most of which I made myself because hot damn were those things expensive! Barbies were my #2 and I also loved to chop off their hair. Which, BTW, always seemed to give them a freakin' fro!! Or was that just mine?!
    LOVE YOU! -Kait
    p.s. More posts please :) Need me some updates on your life!

    ReplyDelete