Monday, August 15, 2011

...Proceed With Caution...

My past weekend was pretty boring, I couldn't do much because I worked 7 to 3 all weekend.Lemme tell you, I like mornings, I really do, but it's just so hard to get up when that damn alarm starts beeping at me. But one night I did go to a party.I know, what a rebel right? Yeahhhh, not so much. It was just a lia sophia party my friend Danielle's house. I went more for moral support than anything else because I don't know many people who think those are fun just for fun. I didn't really have any intentions on getting anything there because it's expensive as hell, but I got one bracelet for $9.00 after winning a game. Considering it's a 50 dollar bracelet, I'd call that a good deal. Plus it's hot. I'll have to wear it when I go out. Which hopefully will start being a lot more often now. :)

Today's question: What time did you go to bed last night and were you alone?

Last night my plan was to go to bed at a real time, in order to get a full eight hours of sleep before I had to be at work. So, 10:30. I can do that. Or so I thought. So I showered, put on my pajamas and started to read a good book on the couch. Then Lilly came home from work and said I needed to run to Wal-Mart with her to pick up some groceries because she wasn't going alone because the wal-mart creepers come out at night. Legit. It was quite an adventure. We jammed out the whole way there and made a new best friend in the checkout line. Well, actually, some lady just told us her life story while we waited in line then lectured us on not getting knocked up unless a guy actually loves us, as her son opened and shut the cooler door for the sodas repeatedly. Can you say birth control? Then we came home and made pizza. It was already 10 PM by this time. Then we made a pizza, and Nick came home from work and ate it with us. Then we stayed up and talked and laughed for a good while and at midnight I decided I better try to go to bed, or to couch. As if on cue, my phone started going off. It was a friend I had back in Iowa when I was in college. I hadn't heard from in months, and I was glad to hear he was doing ok. It was completely unexpected and then I was up for awhile texting him and catching up. Aside from talking there, I was also up texting a friend I met recently as well. Around 12:30/1:00 I decided I should probably tell them goodnight and get some shut eye so I told my friends I was texting I had to go and set my alarm.

So what I was trying to say was, I tried to be responsible and go to bed around 10:30 and instead actually went to bed at 1. I didn't sleep on the couch alone last night, either. Maddie slept on my legs all night, just like she does every night. She's not very good at sharing though, and when she thinks I'm taking up too much of the couch, she gets mad and growls at me. Meanie. Then I woke up, realized it was too early, and drug my butt out of bed and got ready for work. Surprisingly I was less tired today than on days when I actually do get 8 hours of sleep. Maybe because yesterday was a good day? I hope all my days start going like yesterday!

Also, happy birthday momma!!
I love you, and hope you have a great day celebrating!

1 comment: