Monday, June 11, 2012

Cinnamon Challenge.

Let's see, my weekend? I worked through all of it. Saturday after work I had a date planned with Nathan but I was late for it. Very late. We are talking about 4.5 hours late. I don't really want to talk about why, but I was. He wasn't very happy. We couldn't go any of the places he had planned on taking me because we didn't beat the crowd for after the game. So we found this little place that had great food. After supper he was going to teach me how to shoot his gun buuut like I said, I was late, so it was too late and dark to do that. So we went to Sarah and Frank. Frank taught me how to make homemade salsa, and then we played some darts. Sarah spent the night dancing around to some music and Nathan was outside doing Lord knows what with Frank's roommate. Causing mischief I'm sure. Sunday after work was Sarah and I's day to meet at the bar and get some Blood Marys. Nate joined us. Then Sarah had to leave so we went to a bar closer to Nates. We got home around 10 and I convinced him we needed to watch The Fox and The Hound. I forgot how sad that movie is!

For the past few days my knee has been killer! Oh my, I can't even put my weight on it. I've been popping naproxen, wearing my knee brace, elevating my knee, having Nathan massage it, you name it I'm doing it. And nothing seems to be helping. Work is especially killer because I'm walking around, bending at my knees, and lifting all day long. It's rough right now. Plus all the stairs I climb. Torture. I stood in the hall and fought back tears because it was throbbing so bad.  Once I met up with Nathan after work I pulled my scrubs up and he said "Holy Shit! Your knee is HUGE!". I couldn't tell by looking from my angle, but he said my knee was so swollen it was about twice the size of the other. And that was with my brace on all day. So today I asked if I could work in memory because there's a lot less labor. Everybody knows I HATE working in memory care because my patience level is so low. So when I asked that my boss replied "Of course, I know if you are asking to work there your knee must really hurt!" If it doesn't get better soon, I'll have to go to the doctor. Ugh.

 
 
 
What are your three favorite spices?

1. Pepper
I put pepper on everything. EVERYTHING. Cottage cheese, macaroni and cheese, popcorn, tuna, tomatos, extra peppery bloody marys, literally everything. I don't usually go after salty snacks, but when I do I go after the pepper flavored chips or the cracked pepper triscuits. Just love it.


2. Cinnamon
 I love cinnamon. The smell of it, the taste of it. Have you heard of the cinnamon challenge? It's where you take a tablespoon of cinnamon and try to swallow it. Sounds easy enough, right? Yeah,  not so much. that's what I thought one day when Lilly dared me to try it. I said I would, but I made her and Nate do it with me. That stuff instantly dries out your mouth making it impossible to swallow anything. I think Nate lasted the longest before choking/coughing. Lilly ran into the bathroom to spit hers up. I stayed into the kitchen and chugged a bunch of water. Then we were done and Lilly and I looked at each other and said "Attempt 2?". Nathan gave us the "you girls are retarded" look after that.
 
 
 
3. Garlic
No need to explain, I'm sure. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. I remember the cinnamon challenge!! It was soooo insane!! miss you <3

    ReplyDelete