Monday, June 4, 2012

It's Gonna Be A Long Hot Summer

So, I'm back from that trip to Austin, Texas. And damn do I look tan! A good tan, not a jersey shore tan. Want to know what this trip taught me? I do not like long car rides. Usually I'm all up for them and think they are a blast. Jam out to some music, chit chat, dance, an excuse to eat bad for you food, check out hotties in cars next to you.  But something about this trip was just not so fun. It was only a 15 hour drive, so nothing too extreme. This one felt much longer than that, it felt more like 15 days, I'm pretty sure. Nathan was such a trooper on the way! He drove the whole thing straight through, by himself! I know, I know, what a stud. He was completely loaded up on 5 hour energy drinks though, cheater. Like, multiple 5 hour energy drinks, plus a few monsters, plus some good ole mt. dews, plus some Big Red, which I have successfully gotten him addicted to by the way. Is that much caffeing even safe? I don't know, but my guess is probably not. I was afraid he was going to go into one of my caffeine seizures or something. In my defense I did offer to drive, he just always refused that offer! Something about "blah blah blah I'm so wired right now I NEED to drive!" On top of that, you just can't boss that man around. Hell, I can't even figure out how to get him whipped! Haha.

So we made the trip down there with one of his friends and came back with her plus another one of his friends. Then we all stayed at yet another one of his friend's apartment. Whew! Did you follow all that? That's a lot of his friends. Don't worry though I wasn't left out because I got to meet up with my friend Chrissy (from Cornell) almost every day we were in town. It was so nice to see her! I forgot how much I didn't miss going out with her because she's such a babe that I had to deal with guys ogling her every night we went out. I think I yelled at, on average, two guys a bar to leave her alone. One guy was such a sweet talker I almost fell for it and let him keep bothering her. Whoops. At another bar we found the intox box which was pretty cool considering a guy from our college invented it.

I can sum up everyday we were there with pretty much the same routine. Wake up, go to the pool, spend all day there, go out to eat, then head out on the city for the night. I once again had to refuse to play foosball because I'm too scared to play it with Nathan because he's so gosh darn good at it. So we played some shuffleboard. I do not remember being that bad at that game either. Then I played darts with some random guy I met at the bar. I lost that game too. I'm really good at bar games. Another day Christina took us to this place called Barton Springs which according to Wikipedia (gotta stick to those reliable sources!) is a man made swimming pool in the channel of Barton Creek and is filled by water from Main Barton Spring. The water was SO cold. All of us were just standing there until I decided, well, screw it! and just jumped in to the deep spot ( 9 feet). It was freezing! I surfaced and yelled out a very inappropriate word. I couldn't help it! It was SOOO cold. But worth the experience to be able to say I've swam there.

All in all the trip was fun.

Here's some pictures I've collected from our trip.

Missed her! :)


Aww. (Look at those arms!)



Look at that tan! Can you tell it's at the end of the trip?

Classy. Thanks Nate.

No comments:

Post a Comment