Monday, June 25, 2012

Lucky Guy.

Even though I worked this weekend, Nathan still found a way to keep it fun filled! Such a keeper.

 On Friday, we actually got to spend the day together because I worked 2nd instead of 1st shift. It was nice to be working the same, instead of opposite, hours as him. Around lunchI told him I was craving Chinese food like none other, so he took us to this little Chinese buffet. That man eats so fast, and gets full because he eats so fast, that once he's done, I'm done too. It's awkward sitting there having him watch me eat all the time! But this was a buffet...and CHINESE! So I made him sit there, neither of us eating, until some room freed up in his stomach so that we could both keep eating. We weren't just sitting there in silence staring at each other though. Oh no. Well, ok, you caught us. That's probably what it looked like to everybody else in the restaurant. But really we may have been listening to the 3 middle aged guys' conversation at the table behind us. May have been. No confession, because that would be rude to do such a thing! But I bet if we accidentally overheard bits and pieces of their conversation we  would hear that one of them was clearly talking about how he was messing around with a senior in high school. Another "bit and piece" of the conversation I heard was as following:

"Yeah, she's easygoing, fun, bubbly, and a 7...unless I've been drinking, then she's an 8"

Wow. I didn't know what was more shocking. The fact that this 40 year old guy was messing with a girl who was probably underage (summers out, so at the beginning of their senior year, most people are 17, so that's how I got that assumption) or the fact that he had two different rankings for her! One while intoxicated and one while sober! Keep it classy, Nashville.

At the end of our meal, when we got our fortune cookies Nathan's package contained 2 cookies in it. Guess he was just double lucky!

After I got off work on Saturday, we went to the horse races with one of his friends. I've never been to horse races, but they were kinda fun. I only say kinda because I didn't understand the stats they were reading to place their bets I'm sure they'll be more fun once I get the hang of the stats and can help Nathan pick a horse based on more than the color of the horse. I was trying to understand the stats and kept asking the two about them.  After awhile I don't know who was more annoyed, me because I didn't get them, or them because I wasn't understanding what they were saying. I tried to make a bet on one race, because well, I guess I didn't really. Nathan made a bet and just had me place the bet. He handed me money and told me what to say when I got to the front of the line. So I go up and I'm very obviously carrying a margarita (MANGO!), and the lady won't sell me the ticket because I didn't have my ID on me. 1. You got ID'ed to get in to the area. 2. I'm carrying a margarita. I didn't have my ID on me because I didn't take my purse in, so I had Nate carry my ID and debit card in his wallet. I didn't know whether to be insulted or complimented! Nate found himself some good luck that night too! He won about $200. I guess we should have known  he was going to be lucky after those two fortune cookies he got the day before.

Sunday I snuck out of work a few hours early. My boss told me not to leave until my replacement got there, but quite honestly I didn't really care. I had picked up 16 hours of overtime last week, and we had been incredibly short staffed the day before (think 4 out of 7 of the day's employees didn't show up...it was a fun day, not) so I thought to myself "well, eff it, I'm leaving anyway" and I strutted out at 1:30 instead of 2:00. Such a rebel, I know. But It wasn't like it was for no-good-reason. It was because Nathan and gotten 3 tickets to a huge outdoor country concert: one for him, one for me, and one for his friend (the same one from the horse races). Did I mention he got these FOR FREE! Yeah. Lucky, much? So that day we went there. This was an all day concert. And by all day I mean all day as in it started at noon and ended around 10. Obviously, we didn't get there when it started because I was busy being a working woman!
We walked to the concert because it was being held only 2 miles from our apartment. Plus we knew we'd probably get a few drinks, we didn't feel like paying for parking, annnd why fight the traffic when it was over? So I got off work, walk in the door, and Nate handed me a mojito and had an outfit all laid out  and ready to go on the bed for me. I threw my scrubs off (in the bedroom...his friend was there afterall!), threw the cute outfit on, and we left. There we met up with my friend Melanie. It was hot out, the sun was beautiful, there were a ton of people, there was good music, good friends, singing, slight dancing, I got me some nice color, it was a wonderful day. The epitome of summer! After the concert we went and got some ice cream to cool ourselves off.

What I learned this weekend though is that I think fate is trying to tell us is that Nate is one Lucky Guy. Well isn't that convenient! I'm currently in the process of talking Nate into going back to Iowas during the state fair time. And you know what? "Lucky Guy" is the name of a song by Mockingbird Sun. It's a song that gets played probably a little too often on my iPod. And guess who will be preforming on the free stage at the Iowa State Fair this year. Mockingbird Sun. Coincidence? I think not.







No comments:

Post a Comment