Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Paradise: everytime she closed her eyes

So, Nathalie and I had McDonalds for breakfast the other day, and they forgot my hashbrown! Um, isn't that kind of the point of having McDonalds breakfast, the greasy clogging-my-arteries potato goodness? Anyways, after eating a week's worth of calories all before 10 AM, I helped Nathalie clean out her apartment. Apparently she thinks I'm good at cleaning? Who would have guessed it! Either that or she thought her ADD butt wasn't focused enough to accomplish it without me yelling at her to "pick all that crap up", or "ew! dust that off!". Once her apartment was spic-n-span I left her apartment to go to my other friend Stephanie's.

Stephanie and I had a busy afternoon shopping for baby supplies. Well, not shopping per se, more of comparing prices, getting ideas for things, etc. Strollers, car seats, cribs, diapers, clothes, diaper bags, and the list just goes on and on and on. We walked around looking at the cute things (little lions for a boy...adorable!) wondering if we were shopping for a little princess or a handsome lil guy. We got some snickerdoodle cookies and sweet tea and talked about the birthing process (you can tell we both work in the medical field since we were eating AND discussing those types of lovely topics).

After awhile we went and picked up her son from daycare. I'm her son's girlfriend, it's true. You can ask him. "You es my guwlfwend!"  he'll say, and then I'll  have a little man sitting on my lap the rest of the evening, Aside from the times when he's running to the bathroom and filling up his squirt gun  just to drink from it like a cup. Haha. He's precious.

Stephanie has taken it upon herself to teach me how to cook. We started with her forcing me to cook supper under her watchful eye. We I made enchiladas. They turned out perfect. No house fires, nothing burnt, no inuries, nothing. Her husband scarfed them down and said they were the best he's ever had. He may have been saying that to be nice, but I'm not complaining! Never had anybody say that about something I've made before!

I was feeling like a five star chef when I got home because I decided to cook on my own. Guess who made some kickass jello? THIS GIRL! I know, it's just jello...but when I lived in Florida I even messed up jello somehow. Let's not even get started on that one!




1 comment:

  1. My ADD butt thanks you sooo much!
    xx, Nathalie

    ReplyDelete