Thursday, February 9, 2012

Southerners Say The Darndest Things

Go Go Go!! That was my motto today. I had the day off and decided it was about time to knock off a bunch of stuff from my ever growing to do list.

  1.  Get an in state license
  2. Change my mailing address
  3. Return my library books
  4. Return my scrubs
  5. Grocery shop
  6. Apply for new jobs
  7. File my taxes
  8. Make up my lunches for the rest of the week
  9. Meet up with Nathalie for lunch
  10. Deep clean the apartment

Do you see all that? Holy moly! What a busy day!

I am no longer an official resident of Florida. Let me tell you, I'm sick of becoming a new resident of a state. First of all, it cost a lot more than just renewing your license. Second of all you can't use your old state's ID as a form of ID. Then you have to bring in mail and proof of residency, and all this crap that I'm just lugging around in my purse pleading that nobody decides today is the day to mug me because my whole life is literally in my purse. I figured I'd be at the DMV all day today, because in Tampa I was there for a whole four hours. Not today. I was in and out of there with my new license within thirty minutes. I also got my official mailing address changed today too! So I really do live here now!





I had to take that cute pair of scrubs back that I was talking about the other day on here. They changed our dress code to "appropriately colored" scrubs. Whatever that means. I took that as meaning no bright obnoxious colors. Apparently it means no fun colors, period. I didn't think it was an inappropriate color, but my opinion has no say.

Nice color? Or inappropriate?

Then Lilly and I went grocery shopping. I'm SO bad at it. Seriously. I don't know how I'm alive. I never eat a real meal. Ever. Unless somebody else is cooking. After that we met up with Nathalie at Panera while she was on her lunch break from work. I wanted to get a smoothie so bad! Lilly too.
"What's with y'all and your damn smoothies?" -Nathalie
Ok, so she totally didn't say that, but she did say I didn't need a smoothie. And she's probably right. I drink them all the time. In fact, this has nothing to do with my day but Val showed me these amazing lil boogers at the store.
Main ingredient: crack?
All you do is add fruit juice to the fill line, shake it for 30 seconds and viola! A perfect smoothie! No blender, no mess to clean up, nada! A chef with my talent can't even mess these up! It's perfect. But seriously, they are like crack. I just chug them so fast that it's gone before I even realize it!


I got my taxes all filed today, can't wait for my tax return! Applied for some jobs, a few that I hope I get more than some others. Y'all are probably wondering why I'm applying for a new job again. Well, I realized that I can't go anywhere with the job that I'm working right now. I want to find a job where I can grow with the company. I don't want to be stuck in the same position years from now. And as for nursing school? I'm not so sure anymore. Yes, I'd love the job. But I'm already paying for an education in a field that I love. I should really pursue that, and ACTUALLY try to find something. So I'm trying to buckle down and work harder at building a career, which my current job is not. If that doesn't pan out after a real effort, back to school and my nursing degree it will be. 


....................................................................................................................................................................

On a completely different note, here are some random things I've heard. Some (most) of which more than once.

Well how 'bout that?
How's y'all family in I-wa?
Darlin'/Sir/Ma'am
I'm fixin to go out tonight.
What kinda coke y'all want?
 












No comments:

Post a Comment