Monday, September 26, 2011

Dark Blue (TN)

My weekend was pretty awesome, minus the fact that I had to work.  But, what can you do? Oh, that's right...MAKE MONEY! So it was all good.

Friday (Friday, gotta get down on Friday!)
Friday I went to a little get together at Val's apartment when I get a text from Nathalie. "What are you doing tonight? Coming to Oktoberfest? Ok, good!". Meanwhile I'm sitting there thinking...yeah right! I work at 7 in the morning and have a half hour drive to work on top of that! There's no way in hell I'm going over there. Then I get this text a few minutes later from this guy who shall at this point keep remaining anonymous "Hey you, going to Oktoberfest tonight. You should come".  Ughhh, I really shouldn't go. But Nathalie and Dude do not know each other, in fact...Nathalie didn't even know I had been talking to him period. So being invited by two people who don't know each other to the same place on the same night? Destiny. Ok, they've convinced me. So Val lends me some cute clothes and I tell those two I'll meet up with them there.

I have to park a few blocks away in a parking garage and walk to the few blocks they have closed off for the big outdoor party. So there I am walking alone minding my own busisness when all of a sudden, out of nowhere these three drunk off their ass dudes surround me. One on each side and one in front of me walking backwards to face me. 
"I just want to start off by saying: I am NOT a rapist" -Dude
"Gee, thanks, that's comforting" -Me
"But I will say I'm not leaving you alone until you make out with me" -Dude
"Good thing you're so drunk that I can do this then, huh" -Me
Then I simply walked around him. Problem Solved.

So maybe walking those few blocks alone weren't my best decision, especially since my phone battery was on the verge of dead. But, oh well, I did, and I'm alive so life's good. 

Finally I find Nathalie and her boyfriend Cody and it turns out Cody's dad got us in without a cover AND we got free (extra-strength!) beer. SCORE!  So it's me, Nathalie, Cody, and Cody's best friend, who she is not at all trying to hide the fact that I should go out with. And we are drinking, and they are doing a little old lady dance all hunched over like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. It was pretty classy. But my phone started to die, and Unnamed Dude is one of those people that lets hours pass between text messages, so I never got to meet up with him. Until I went home. Granted I went home pretty early compared to how late the party was going on, but five minutes after I walk in the door to my apartment my phone goes off and he's asking where I am so we can meet up. Whoooops. I'm home in bed. I felt bad. I'm sure he'll survive though. 

So I get up and work Saturday morning, and I'm actually feeling just fine. Work went so slow, I thought time was moving backwards instead of forwards. But it wasn't. It was just going that slow. When work finally got over Lisa and I decided to go explore the small shops and such downtown. So we walked around, but learned that everything was closed because it was late Saturday afternoon. So that was kinda a bust. So we went to the mall. Lisa got a really cute outfit for a date she was going on that night with her boyfriend. And I got a cute lace cardigan shirt that was "date appropritate". Which by the way, finding date appropriate clothes for colder weather, after four years of not needing "dating clothes", is hard and frustrating. Anyways, so I got that pretty lace cardigan and some  cute bangle bracelets. They had the coziest Vols zip up hoodie that I wanted soo badly, but then remembered that 75% of my closet was hoodies, and those aren't really "hott girl/going out" clothes so I decided not to. Then Lisa went out and I went home. I went to bed early. Like 9:30/10. It was a pretty boring day.

When I woke up on Sunday after a legitimate amount of sleep, I was more tired than when I was running on no sleep from the day before! Isn't it weird how it works like that? Sunday at work was also very slow. When I got off work Lilly and I went to Target to get curtains for my room, which I ended up not getting. Then we went to subway and came home and watched Bridesmaids. It's a cute movie. It can make you laugh. It can make you cry. It's a total chick flick. After that I went over to Unnamed Dude's house and we watched some television, played with this dog, and just  hung out. Then I came home and went to bed. So Sunday was a pretty chill day as well. 

 I didn't have to work today, so I slept in! I think I didn't wake up until 9:45! Which is BY FAR the latest I've slept in since...idk how long. Then Nick and I went to PetCo to talk to the dog trainers there about Maddie and her bipolar behavior and barking issues and dog training classes. Shits expensive! But it will be worth it. Plus, well, I'm not paying for it, it's Nicks dog. Now I'm doing laundry. So I guess you could say my Mondays been pretty chill too. Can't complain.

This coming week I get to take another class teaching me how to pass meds. It will be my third time taking it, all for different jobs. But I'm sure it won't be anything I haven't learned in my other two classes. But at least I'm getting paid! I've been pulling doubles at work lately, and let me tell you what, that overtime pay and I, we are bff's. So I picked up more shifts this week too. I hope I don't get burnt out! I think if I could have done it so long in CR Iowa without this awesome pay, I can do it here for the awesome pay. I'm not too worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment