Friday, September 9, 2011

It's Like Homework, Only Better

So I started this book the other day. It's called The Happiness Project and it's going to teach me how to be happier. Not that I'm unhappy, because truthfully I'm far from it, but I'm always ok with being a little more happy. So I'll let you know how this book goes, or if it's working maybe my blog posts will become even more exciting and you'll just know it's because I'm reading this book! But let's be honest, I'll probably forget to tell you anything about this book ever again because I have the attention span of a goldfish, which rumor has it is only 2 seconds.

About a month ago I had read a book by that same lady who wrote the Twilight series. Her books really aren't english master pieces or anything (I say as I write my blogs in the same style as I talk and not following any grammar rules), but the story lines are so catchy you almost had to read them. It's like crack in book form, you just get addicted. (No grandma, I'm not on drugs it's just a saying...jeesh) Until the two last books, and then they just kind of got progressively worse, at least I thought. It was like she got bored of writing about stupid Bella and stalker Edward and sexy Jacob halfway through the third book and was like "shit, this has got to stop" and just tried to finish the books off as fast as she could. So then she decided to write about aliens instead. Actually, I made that all up, I don't know what she was thinking when she was writing those books, or even if she wrote The Host after Twilight. But anyways, she wrote another book called The Host, and I borrowed from Lilly. And it's also like crack, I just couldn't put that sucker down. You should all read it. But it was kind of confusing at the beginning, and I had to go back and reread the first few pages once a couple of chapters in. It's one of those books. I was surprised I made it through the book, because usually when I get a book like that I am like "screw this! Why must you F'er intentionally confuse your readers at the very beginning of your book? It's BS. I don't want to think! That's why I'm reading!" But like I said, her writing style is like crack, so I kept on reading it anyways. And it was pretty good. Like twilight good. So read it.

I have a list of books I want to read. Me, make a list? Who woulda thunk it! I have it saved on the notepad on my phone. It looks like this:

*The London Train
*Sing Them Home
*Until Tuesday
*The Lucky One

Do any of you know any other good books that I should put on this list? Because the longer my list, the better. OH! I have another one for you to read once you finish The Host. It's called My War: Killing Time in Iraq. It's pretty hilarious and one of my favorite books. I probably just came off sounding like a giant douche calling this soldier's journal of his time overseas "hilarious", huh. Well, I'm not. So just read that book too and agree with me.

1 comment:

  1. Lol I left that book out knowing you would find it and read it! I haven't been able to read it. Not my type of book at all. YUCK!! But I got a new book. Pride & Prejudice & Zombies! AWESOME BOOK!! Love ya!! - Lilz <3

    ReplyDelete