Monday, December 19, 2011

I Can Do It!

I want to get my RN. Bad. I want to help people. I get a thrill knowing I'm helping people live their lives easier, happier and healthier. I want to learn more about the human body and how it works. It's the only thing on this planet that every single person has in common, and that fascinates me. I like the fast-paced environment, I'm good at working lots of hours, and truth be told, I like wearing scrubs everyday as well.

I want to work in an emergency room. I think I figured this out at work today when I answered a page and walked in on a poor lady who was covered in blood gushing from her face. I want the excitement and unpredictability of that, but still have the joys of helping people. I really think I'd enjoy that.

Or maybe I'll want to work in a nursing home, so that I can build up relationships with the people I work with. I seem to enjoy it now, and so I'll probably like it in the future too. 

Or maybe I'll want to be a psych nurse since I have a psych degree. I've heard most people who do that kind of nursing hate their job though.

Let's be honest. I have no idea. I'm sure once I get started with the actual schooling though I'll figure it out. I always seem to figure out what I want eventually..

The other day the guy was telling me how he got to assist in a surgery in the ICU. I was so jealous. He was telling me what all he got to do and how he can't wait to get back into school as well so he can "move on to bigger and better things than monitoring heart rhythms".  It's really motivating me to want to get back to school and makes my dreams a reality. They are so close, I can feel them!


1 comment:

  1. If you ever become a psych nurse please let me know i honestly thing ur the only one who can help me

    ReplyDelete