Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pot Luck

I just want you all to know I'm baking. Right now. As in, with the oven. And not one thing has caught on fire. Yet. But things are looking good. I haven't even burnt anything yet. I've made rice krispies with fruity pebbles and now I'm making chex mix. In the oven. The right way.

I remember back around Thanksgiving last year when I worked with teenage criminal boys and one Friday night the boys and I made a special kind of chex mix. It was so delicious the boys flew through it so fast I had to sneak a bite from them when they weren't looking. It was called Pumpkin Pie chex mix. If any of you need to make something for a potluck and were thinking chex mix...try this! I don't even like pumpkin pie, but this was undeniable delicious. HERE is the link. If you play around on that website you'll find a lot more fun chex mix recipes. Considering chex mix is almost its own food group to me, I've kinda done a few of them.

I made the cheesy ranch one back in the days of me living in Cedar Rapids. The ex loved it, the roommate loved it, I hated it. So I will not be making that kind again. I think the next one on my "to do" list is the loaded baked potato one! I always go for the salty recipes because one of my pet peeves is when people mix sweet and salty. Another reason why I'm surprised I like the pumpkin pie one.

I hardly ever put the nuts in my chex mix. I tend to substitute them with cheetos, usually the BBQ ones. I also only do corn chex because I'm not a huge fan of wheat chex, and the rice chex taste too similar to the corn chex once all the seasoning is baked in to buy a separate box for the same taste.  How do all of you make your chex mixes? Seriously, tell me. I'm addicted and am always thinking of new ideas for it!







No comments:

Post a Comment