Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm Thankful...



**For My Family**

Even though I was far from home today they still made sure  that I had a good, warm meal to eat. They made sure to talk to me and wish me a happy thanksgiving and let me know they were thinking of me. But it's not just today that I'm thankful for my family. I'm thankful that my Grandmother, Grandfather, and Mother send me things in the mail just so I have something happy to read. I'm thankful that I receive emails from them updating me on their lives. I'm thankful that I can count on them for everything, from financially to emotional to "how to make a boiled egg" instructions. I'm thankful for my crazy cousins and how lucky that I got some of the best people in the world to be related to.

**To Have Learned How To Become More Independent**

Ohhh, how much things have changed in one year! Last Thanksgiving I was living in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I was calling my parents over everything all the time. I was an absolute wreck, not gonna lie, and I dealt with that stress by crying.  I didn't like driving and always had other people driving my car. Now I've learned how to figure things out on my own a lot better. If I don't know how to do them, I can call someone and have them help me figure them out. Now I've learned that crying doesn't help my stress, and it actually just makes the problem seem worse than it is and doesn't help anything at all. So I've started running. And you know what? I love it. It gives me time to think about rational ways with my problems and how to solve them effectively. Not to mention the effects its had on me in general. I drive all the time now, in fact, I prefer driving to riding as a passenger.  I've learned sometimes in order to make new friends you have to step out of your comfort zone and go for it. I've learned it's ok to go shopping at the mall alone, but I've also learned it's ok to ask that girl from work to go with you too. She just may end up being your new best friend. 

**For My Friends**

Nick: Thank you for being such a good roommate and not wanting to kill me everytime I clean up the apartment.  I know that drives you crazy. But I'm glad we are roommates because nobody else would understand my vewy guuud engish. Haha. Or random dance parties in our hallway. Orrr why there are shirts shoved into our front door closet...
Lilly: Thank you for being down with whatever, whenever. You have yet to say "no" to any random plans I come up with, even when I know sometimes you don't want to do them. Like that time I said "hey, let's soak gummy words in vodka, make pudding shots, then put the worms in our pudding shots!". Instead of telling me no absolutely not you drunkass you just gave me the "that's a horrible idea look" then let me do what I want. I'll probably get a "I told you" on Sunday...or maybe I'll get a "that was awesome! NEXT WEEKEND!?"
Pam: You are always so thoughtful and know the exact things to say to make my shitty days better. And when I'm having a good day you always have the sweetest things to say to make my day that much brighter.
Vince: Thank you SO much for always playing handyman for me. :) I know they are stupid little things you always help me with...but they mean a lot to me. Like my room is super cute with those curtains you hung up for me. Looks so homey.
Val: You and I can be doing absolutely nothing and we still have a really fun time. Even if we are watching TV and that's it. 
Lisa: Nobody loves Subway quite as much as we do. Which btw, subway date soon? OH! And Christmas shopping!  And your disapproval of every guy I've been on dates with has helped me start picking winners, obviously. PS- I'm glad you finally approve.
Sarah:  If it wasn't for you I would probably have no hair. Why? I'd have all mine pulled out by now from bitches driving me crazy. Thanks for always calling me down. On the bright side, you are teaching me how to be more bitchy and stand up for myself a lot more! Thank God you are pretty much always my partner at work.

And all my friends back home: Kait, Jacque, Jess, Adam, Kendra, Julyn, Seth, Amanda, Sean, Alex...ALL OF YOU! I miss you all so much! I don't talk to any of you quite as much as I wished and I'm sorry. I'll try to do much better!




Everything happens for a reason, and there's not one experience in my life I'd take back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment