Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What's Your Name?

You know what I haven't done in awhile. Those random questions I used to do. So here we go folks.

How did you get your name? And if you could rename yourself, what would you choose?

I can't say my memory is exactly clear on how I got my name. But I can say I'll try my best to remember how the story goes. If I'm wrong *cough, grandma/grandpa/mom/dad, cough* feel free to remind me of the details. M'kay, so here it goes. 

So it took Mom forever to get pregnant. And when she finally did Mom and Dad started talking names. They didn't know if I was a boy or a girl until the day I was born (which has it's own dramatic story, btw...maybe someday I'll let my momma do a guest post about it). They decided if I was a boy I would be Michael Duane. If I was a girl though...wheeeew...that's where my parents started to not agree. 

Dad wanted a "double name". You know, where there's a first and a middle name and the girls goes by both. Such as Mary Kate or Sarah Beth or Betty Lou or something. Lovely. Mom wanted a name that I wouldn't have to share with anybody. Such as Jodessa. Even better. That was sarcasm, folks.

Anyways, so one day Mom and Dad went out to eat and they had this really sweet waitress. Her name was Joella. They both agreed it was a beautiful name and it fell under both of their wants. No, my name is not Jo Ella, it is Joella. One word. Joella Marie. 

But if I could rename myself I think I'd choose Eila. Pronounced I-La. I don't know why but I absolutely looove that name. I guess it's not too far off from Ella, which everybody seems to call me these days anyway. Maybe I'd choose to name myself Brilane. Or Norah. Or Davanee. (Pronounced Day-va-knee). Actually, you know what, I don't know. I have no idea what I'd choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment