Monday, April 30, 2012

Chocolate. Like A Hersheys.

Oh my goodness, I'm on a writing spree! I haven't written in over 10 days so all these posts I've been meaning to write are piling up. And heaven forbid I put them all in one! Nope, not happening.

So, as of this time next week, I have no roommates. I'll be living alone in this three bedroom apartment by myself. I'm nervous. Not only because both of my roommates are moving away, but because of other things too. Vince and Val will be moving soon. Nathalie has Cody and therefore I feel like I don't really have her as a friend anymore because, well, long story. And I'm just nervous about being in this big new city all alone.

I don't like that the dog is going to be gone. My apartment isn't exactly on the nice side of the city. In fact, it would be safe to call it the bad part of the city. Not that Maddie was a guard dog, but she made me feel safer because she would bark whenever anybody came too close to our apartment door. I've been thinking about getting one for myself. But I don't want to limit my choices on where to live when I can move out. I'm not sure if it's the right time for me to get a dog, then again, is there ever really a RIGHT time to adopt an animal? Because I feel like if I wait until the right time to adopt a dog I'll never get one.

I already know I'd get a chocolate lab mix and name her Chelsea Mae. In case you were wondering.

Plus, I'm afraid I'll be lonely without a dog. I don't know. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I really shouldn't even be thinking about a dog yet. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do when my lease is up. I don't know if I'll be able to afford living on my own. But I don't have anybody to live with. Not to mention I don't have any furniture, or any money to buy any as well. I mean, I've been applying to jobs that (hopefully) pay well. I do have a degree after all, so this not-getting-paid-well thing is starting to turn into a crock of bullshit.

I'm just completely lost as to what I'm going to do by the time my lease is up in September. Please help.

Then again, if I could afford it I'd probably love to live on my own. (If I got a dog). I've never had my own place and I feel like that's a life experience every person should have sometime in their life. I'm a neat freak so I wouldn't have to stress over anybody else. I could have complete control over the place. I could decorate how I want. Rearrange whenever. Walk around naked. You know, the good stuff. I'd be forced to learn to be even more independent, even though I've vastly improved in that area since this time last year. I'd have to learn how to cook. Be forced to learn how to (better) budget/manage my money.

I don't know. This is one of those times when I should make a pro/con list. But if I were to find out that the "get a roommate" situation won, I'd be freaking out about who in the hell I'd find to live with. A complete stranger? Ugh, I don't know. Seriously, opinions please.

No comments:

Post a Comment