Friday, June 10, 2011

A Day Of Memories

If I had to describe a perfect day, today wouldn't be too far off. The day started off like my last few days. My alarm went off a little too early for my liking and I opened my eyes up to find myself in the fetal position freezing cold while Levi was all cozied up with all the blankets wrapped around him like a human burrito. (I keep telling him to not keep the thermostat at 65, but that's an unwon battle). I crawled out of bed, jammed out to some old school Backstreet Boys while in the shower, and ate some Cinnamon Pecan cereal. Then I left for class, er, orientation. There I learned a lot more about the job I'll be doing and am getting more and more excited to start! So we took a test,100%, and left for the day...three hours early! SCORE!!

Once I got home Levi and I decided to spend the day at the beach. Clearwater beach. It's the best beach around, in our opinions.
The beach was a really low tide today. We could go 200 feet off the shore, and still be on our knees. Then the Sea Screamer boat went by. It's the world's largest speed boat, and they guarantee dolphin sightings.

Well, we were out past the "swim zone" signs because the tide was so low we pretty much had to be out far go be in water fun enough to swim in. Now don't freak out everybody was out there far too. Anyways, back to the sea screamer, we were probably closer to that boat than we were the shore, and let me tell you: they aren't joking about dolphin sightings. There were 5 dolphins following that boat, jumping high out of the water! They were so close, and it feel so...idk, how to describe it. There were these wild animals swimming feet from us with nothing between us. I was in awe and may or may not have yelled at Levi when he wanted to go back to swimming and I was still watching them.

(this picture was taken, not by us, but at the beach we were at)
Then the Sea Screamer turned around and went back the opposite way, and the dolphins stayed! They just swam around in one spot directly out in front of us! It was so cool, and I just swam in place, watching them in awe! Everybody was just watching them play, and the people on jet skis were able to go right up with them! They were there playing for probably 10 minutes or so, then they swam off. Amazing!

After that we decided to lay out for a little bit. I packed our beach bag with triscuits, because well, swimming makes us hungry. So what does Levi do? Feeds one of the seagulls. Do you know what happens when you feed a seagull? Because we do. They use their bird ESP to bring every seagull within a 100,000 mile radius to come over. I hate birds. I told him not to do it, but what do I know? So I ran back to the ocean. While Levi was having a grand old time torturing the birds.


You know that trick you do to dumb dogs and they fall for it? Where you fake throw the ball and they go looking for it? That's what he was doing. He'd fake throw a triscuit and they'd all fly in the direction he "threw" it then come back to him. He tried to get them to take one from his hand, but none were that brave enough. Eventually he got bored and came back to the water and they finally began to leave him alone. He said one of them only had one leg.

What Levi looked like



No comments:

Post a Comment