Monday, June 6, 2011

The Next Chapter

I decided to start this blog to help my family keep track of what's going on in my life without spending my life on the phone and to also help me document this recent change. You see, I grew up in a small town in Iowa where you had to drive an hour for the nearest mall and I knew everybody I graduated high school with since we were wee little ones. Yet for as long as I can remember I've always wanted to move to Florida. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's the beautiful weather all year round as opposed to me being miserable in the cold for half of it. Maybe it's the smell of the salty air, the beautiful scenery, the hustle and bustle of a city that doesn't close just because it's 8 PM. So over the span of one month I quit my two jobs in Iowa, packed my life up into two pickups and a kia soul and moved halfway across the country with my boyfriend of over three years.

So here I sit in a practically empty apartment wondering where this next chapter in life will take me. Will I miss Iowa? Will I ever fill this apartment with more furniture than a futon and a tv sitting on a cooler? Only time will tell. All I do know is that tomorrow I have orientation for my new job and have to take some placement tests for some classes at the local community college (even though I argued if I already have a BA and can write an A-worthy, 50 page essay in 2 days I shouldn't have to test into a 101 writing class...).

No comments:

Post a Comment