Today was orientation for my new job. It was long and boring and all I want to do is get started with the actual job. But tomorrow I have 7 more hours of training, and hopefully it will be a little more interesting than signing papers for the last 7 hours.
Since I don't have much to say about today I'd thought I'd do a post on things I want to do in Tampa, or the near-ish area.
1. Levi has never been to Disney World or Universal Studios. It will take quite a bit of savings as it's a lot more expensive than Adventureland. Yet I think it's so worth it!
2. Gasparilla. It's a Pirate Festival held in January every year. I don't know much about it other than they have a big parade and throw beads then have a massive party. Florida's version of Mardi Gras? I'm not sure, but I want to experience it!
3. Lowry Park Zoo. Levi loves animals and can often be found watch the Animal Planet or any show about big cats. I'm sure he could spend hours just watching them.
4. For the same reasons, Big Cat Rescue. It's a rescue sanctuary for abandoned and abused big cats. Aside from lions, tigers, and cougars they also have ocelots and caracals, neither of which i've heard about.
5. I want to go across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. At Sunset. The bridge is 5.5 miles long. And look at that picture! Isn't it gorgeous?!
6. Go to a Tampa Bay Buccaneers game. Maybe? I'm not too much into football, and I know they may not even be having the NFL this fall but I mean, if I can see the stadium from my window, I may as well experience a game once. Right? Again, i'd be saving for awhile.
7. Ice hockey! Um, yes please. Tampa Bay Lightening.
I think that's a long enough list for now. And until we get money saved up for those things (and get some furniture in our apartment, which definitely comes first!) we'll probably just spend some more lovely days at the beach.